- A short, four-mile round trip by bicycle keeps about 15 pounds of pollutants out of the air. Guess what average b-cycle trip's mileage is... yup, 4 miles.
- Cyclists are exposed to less pollution than taxi or bus passengers.
- Five billion gallons of fuel are wasted every year from cars idling in traffic. We have already saved over 5,000 gallons of gas in San Antonio in less than a year.
- Those same traffic delays represent nine billion dollars in lost productivity.
- Overall, traffic congestion costs the US economy $78 billion a year. We have saved over $15,000 in less than a year.
- The average commuter spends 50 hours every year stuck in traffic.
- By 2032 traffic delays will more than double and CO2 emissions traced to congestion will reach 60 million tons. We have offset over 100,000 pounds of carbon emissions in less than a year.
- The average person loses 13 lbs. their first year of commuting by bike. We have burned over 4 million calories on b-cycles since launching.
- At least 30 minutes of exercise is recommended at least 5 days a week. Think it is a coincidence that b-cycle trips are free under 30 minutes when you are a member?
- A fifteen minute bicycle ride to and from work five times a week can burn the equivalent of 11 pounds of fat in a year. We know about all of the success stories in San Antonio...
- The average American household spends more on transportation than on clothing, health care, and entertainment combined.
- On average, 18% of household expenditures are for transportation.
Oh yeah, and according to studies, the benefits outweigh the risks 77 to 1.
For further information, click here!
B-fit, B-green, B-cycle!